Fork from "The Ottawa" with decorations on the handle.
the Ottawa Hotel was built in 1886 by the West Michigan Park Association along the north side of the channel leading into Lake Macatawa. It had 42 rooms, an observatory and a veranda. By 1887 the hotel had expanded to 100 rooms.
On 11-6-1923, the hotel was destroyed in a fire.
The image below shows the Ottawa Hotel (photo from permanent collection).
Gift ofWesting, Karen