One bar of soap, in white wrapper with green lettering that spells "HOTEL MACATAWA"..
The Hotel Macatawa, built on Lake Macatawa (in Macatawa, MI) opened in 1895. It was razed in 1956. The Hotel changed management in 1945, when Simon Den Uyl purchased the resort properties. Den Uyl then had the hotel redecorated. A May 19, 1948 advertisement from the Holland Sentinel describes the Hotel Macatawa as "a modern hotel service, in a high class community". The ad goes on to say "Hotel Macatawa-is staffed for courteous service to a refined clientele-those who enjoy gracious living.". In 1946, there was room in the hotel for 250 guests.
Gift ofKimberley, Phil