Catalog Number
Metal fork with 4 tines, floral design on handle with a smiling face and the words "the Ottawa".
Fork from the Ottawa Beach Hotel. The Ottawa Beach Hotel (originally known as the Hotel Ottawa) was built by the West Michigan Park Association (a group organized in Grand Rapids in 1885) in the summer of 1886 on the north side of the channel, in Park Township, on a bluff. Across the channel, on the south side, was the rival Macatawa Park Hotel.

The Ottawa Beach Hotel burned to the ground on November 6, 1923.
Gift of
Van Wieren, Jean