matchbook, red, Point West, Macatawa, MI
The Point West Inn was located on Lake Macatawa at the end of South Shore Drive in Macatawa Park, just south of Holland, MI. It was operated by Richard Den Uyl (1929-2011) from 1963 to 1986. The elegant restaurant faced Lake Macatawa. Den Uyl believed a happy work environment produced happy customers. This philosophy was a key to his success.
New owners bought the property in 1986 for $4.4 million. In 1993 they filed for bankruptcy which led to the sale of the property in 1994. This third owner had the Point West Inn torn down in 1995.