Black and white photograph showing employees at the Ottawa Beach Hotel. The photo consists of three rows of unidentified people lined up on either side of a porch railing. Many of the men in front appear to be cooks, wearing white aprons and caps.
The Ottawa Beach Hotel (originally known as the Hotel Ottawa) was built by the West Michigan Park Association (a group organized in Grand Rapids in 1885) in the summer of 1886 on the north side of the channel, in Park Township, on a bluff. Across the channel, on the south side, was the rival Macatawa Park Hotel.
The Ottawa Beach Hotel burned to the ground on November 6, 1923.
Gift ofVan Ark, Mike