Date of OriginNovember 1923
Black and white photograph of the ruins of the Ottawa Beach Hotel in November 1923. Two bath tubs are visible in the center, among bricks, wires and wood.
The Ottawa Beach Hotel (originally known as the Hotel Ottawa) was built by the West Michigan Park Association (a group organized in Grand Rapids in 1885) in the summer of 1886 on the north side of the channel, in Park Township, on a bluff. Across the channel, on the south side, was the rival Macatawa Park Hotel.
The Ottawa Beach Hotel burned to the ground on November 6, 1923.
Gift ofOonk, Dwayne