Catalog Number
Date of Origin
Black and white photograph showing the boat known as "Secret" and a second boat sitting in cradles.  Both boats are inside Jesiek's boat barn for repair and/or painting.
This photograph was taken by the donor in 1979.

Jesiek Brothers’ shipyard was founded in 1911 by brothers Adolph “Otto” Jesiek (1881-1975) and Joseph Jesiek (1883-1956). The shipyard was located near Jenison Park on Black Lake (now known as Lake Macatawa).
Owners of luxury yachts made use of Jesiek storage facilities each winter. During WWII, Jesiek Brother’s turned their attention to manufacturing submarine chasers and harbor tugs for the US Navy.
Adolph married Henrietta Voss (1888-1958). Joseph married Minnie ??? ( -1922).
Adolph’s sons, William (1918-2012), Donald (1913-1995) and Harold (1913-1958) took over the business from their father and uncle.

Jesiek's built power boats, cruisers, and small one-design sailboats.
Gift of
Schakel, Louis