Community Fair, 46th Anniversary, Holland, MI, 176 pages. This fair was held August 19-22, 1930. The premium books spelled out the rules and regulations governing the fair and the prizes to be awarded in the various categories as well as the entertainment. Many local and national businesses and organizations advertised in these premium books.
In the spring of 1885, a number of prominent Holland residents including Daniel Bertsch, Teunis Keppel, G. J. Kollen and Benjamin Van Raalte organized the South Ottawa and West Allegan Agricultural Society. In October of that year the society conducted its first annual fair west of Holland at the site of present day Kollen Park. In 1890 the fair moved to the south side of 16th Street. Annual fairs were held there through 1930 when the fair board sold the property to the city of Holland to pay off a large debt. The former fair property is now the southern part of Pilgrim Home Cemetery.
Gift ofMulder Estate