Date of Originca. 1880
postcard showing a railroad engine parked beside the Chicago & West Michigan Rail Road train depot. The caption reads “W.M. depot. Land St. near 10” Holland, M.”. Several unidentified men can be seen standing beside the engine. This was Holland’s first train depot, built by the Chicago & Michigan Lake Shore Rail Road Co. in 1871.
Items from donation 1947.25, a gift to the Museum from Deane Nykamp, are from the Estate of Benjamin A. Mulder (1872-1947).
Ben was a Holland, MI resident and editor of the Holland City News. He lived at 79 West 15th with his wife Mary Van Landegend (1871-1946). They were married in Holland, MI on May 10, 1893. Ben was the son of Leendert and Janke Mulder.
Gift ofNykamp, Deane Beltman (1900-1992)