Date of Origin1916
Black and white photograph of the Ottawa Beach Hotel. Over 100 people are lined up along the stairs, porch and grass (none identified) for a convention. Lower right corner is missing.
The Ottawa Beach Hotel (originally known as the Hotel Ottawa) was built by the West Michigan Park Association (a group organized in Grand Rapids in 1885) in the summer of 1886 on the north side of the channel, on a bluff. Across the channel, on the south side, was the rival Macatawa Park Hotel.
The Ottawa Beach Hotel burned to the ground on November 6, 1923.