Black and white photograph showing dozens of visitors walking beside the train at the Ottawa Beach train station, on the north side of the channel. The lighthouse is visible at top right, on the south side of the channel.
Ottawa Beach is the name given to the area along the north side of the channel and northwest section of Lake Macatawa, in Park Township. It received its name in 1886 with the construction of the hotel Ottawa, built on a hillside near the beach.
Gift ofMason, Bob