Bookmark, 'Bush & Lane Piano Co.' Advertises Bush and lane pianos, sold by Goble Music Co., GR. Colorful scene of sun over water with floral edging. Torn repaired.
The Bush and Lane Piano Company moved to Holland, MI in 1905 from Chicago, IL. William Bush and Walter Lane (1869-1928) operated the business and had a factory built near 24th Street and Columbia in Holland.
They produced player pianos, baby grands and upright pianos. By 1919 business was so good that a four-story addition was built at a cost of $90,000. The number of employees soon rose to 350.
The death of Walter Lane in 1928 and the Great Depression of 1929 doomed the company. A brief attempt was made in 1929 to save the company by producing radio cabinets and furniture, but the company went bankrupt in 1930.
Gift ofHaan, Ralph