clear glass milkpan
Lois Van Landegend Sinke (1912-1988), longtime Holland, MI resident and businesswoman, operated the Old Store Antique Shop on 8th Street in Holland from the 1940’s to the 1970’s. The store was located at 49 West 8th Street, in her father Tyler Van Landegend’s old store. Tyler previously worked as a tinsmith from this location.
Many of the antiques in Lois’ store belonged to her parents, Tyler Van Landegend and Ada L. Bellany, and, possibly, Tyler’s parents Johannes and Anna. Unfortunately, none of the accession records indicate the origin of the individual pieces in this donation. Pinpointing any one object as a Van Landegend and/or Sinke heirloom would be pure speculation.
At worst, this donation consists of many fine antiques, some of which duplicate other pieces in the Museum’s permanent collection. At best, some of the pieces may be able to be tied, with some uncertainty, to Lois’ family.
Lois is buried beside her husband Frank in Holland’s Restlawn Memorial Gardens.
Gift ofLois Sinke Estate